"The network is down."
From: glen mccready
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 12:22:18 -0400
Top Signs of Net Addiction
- You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your
e-mail on the way back to bed.
- You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape
Navigator 1.1 or higher."
- You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you
just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and
your child in the overhead compartment.
- You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for
the free Internet access.
- You laugh at people with 2400-baud modems.
- You start using smileys in your snail mail.
- Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You
start to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's
access number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem. And
®© 1995 Peter Hoener